And Now There’s 23…
Harvard’s James Leakos will be joining the Ivy League NCAA-bound contingent this week .
Leakos will be running the 5,000m (alongside teammate Maksim Korolev) at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships in Albuquerque, N.M., as Colorado’s Joe Bosshard has dropped from the event. Leakos is ranked 16th on the declaration listing, with his qualification time of 13:49.78 (converted from his Heps winning time of 13:58.67 on Leverone Field House’s flat track). This will be Leakos’ first trip to a national championships in track and field, as he has participated in the NCAA Cross Country Championships in 2012 and 2013.
The full contingent of NCAA-bound Ivy Leaguers are the following:
- 200m: 14. Bruno Hortelano-Roig (Cornell), 20.84
- Mile: 7. Will Geoghegan (Dartmouth), 3:58.04
- Mile: 11. Steve Mangan (Dartmouth), 3:58.65
- Mile: 13. John Gregorek (Columbia), 3:58.95
- Mile: 15. Michael Williams (Princeton), 3:59.21
- 3000m: 8. Maksim Korolev (Harvard), 7:51.52
- 5000m: 7. Maksim Korolev (Harvard), 13:42.56
- 5000m: 16. James Leakos (Harvard), 13:49.78
- Distance Medley Relay: 10. John Gregorek, Harry McFann, Brendon Fish, Daniel Everett, Noah Lartigue, Kevin Boyd (Columbia), 9:30.72
- High Jump: 4. Montez Blair (High Jump), 2.24m
- High Jump: 5. Maalik Reynolds (Penn), 2.24m
- Shot Put: 2. Stephen Mozia (Cornell), 20.79m
- 800: 5. Megan Krumpoch (Dartmouth), 2:04.13
- 800: 9. Erika Veidis (Harvard), 2:05.00
- 3000m: 1. Abbey D’Agostino (Dartmouth), 8:51.91
- 5000m: 1. Abbey D’Agostino (Dartmouth), 15:40.55
- Distance Medley Relay: 9. Dana Giordano, Jennifer Meech, Megan Krumpoch, Abbey D’Agostino, Elizabeth Markowitz, Margaret Donovan (Dartmouth), 11:02.21
- Triple Jump: 11. Nadia Eke (Columbia), 13.09m
We will present more information in regards to the championship schedule and following the meet when it becomes available.