“Twas the night before Indoor Heps
And all through Cambridge
Athletes and fans are excited
Ok, I cannot write poetry, but you get the idea. About 12 hours to go until the start of Indoor Heps. The entry lists are available online through Lancer Timings’ website, or you could also check out result links at the top of this blog post.
Some quick observations:
- No Max Hairston (Cornell) in the 60m hurdles. He ran a 7.88 back in December but has not competed since.
- Both Erika Veidis (Harvard) and Cecilia Barowski (Princeton) will be battling for the 800m title. Barowski ran 2:05.00 last weekend while Veidis ran 2:05.80 earlier this year.
- Seven men in the heptathlon, 11 women in the pentathlon.
- No Kevin Dooney (Yale) or Matt McDonald (Princeton) in either the long distance events.
- Thomas Awad (Penn) only in the 3,000m individually. Trying to get a faster NCAA time? Oh, and this year, Tait Rutherford (Columbia – defending 3,000m champion) is in the seeded heat this year.
- There are good representations in each of the new events this year – men’s 200m, women’s 500m, and women’s 1,000m.
Good luck to all athletes this weekend.